D'nah Reads-A-Lot

A collection of ramblings on books I've just read, and more rarely, movies I've watched. I sometimes link to titles in Amazon, for your convience. This does NOT mean that I suggest buying them from Amazon. Please, support your independent booksellers.

Name:
Location: Lakewood, Washington, United States

Wednesday, April 20, 2005

The Face - Dean Koontz

I love my friends! On Wednesday afternoons, I go to Olympia for a sewing circle with me friends. And I just happened to be at the really exciting, climatic part of the book. I didn't want to leave early, but I was dying to finish the book. And my friends let me. It was so nice not to have to choose, and to be able to read particularly choice passages to them.

I really like The Face, and I've actually read it before, but I found myself thinking about it, more and more. Koontz's books are kind of hard for me to classify. Clearly fiction, often with science fiction themes, but with a more... spiritual bent. And I don't mean, Jesus and church and necessarily G-d type spiritual; more of the spirit world. Though his versions of the spirit world definitely have GOOD and EVIL. I really like the spiritual good/evil twist at the end of this book, but I'm not going to give it away this time, you'll just have to read for yourself. As prolific as Koontz is, he can't write them nearly fast enough for me.

Quote for this one? Nothing spiritual, rather a clever turn of phrase that I find myself thinking no infrequently. He wanted him arrested "on charges of felony cliche and practicing hilosophy without an idea."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home