D'nah Reads-A-Lot

A collection of ramblings on books I've just read, and more rarely, movies I've watched. I sometimes link to titles in Amazon, for your convience. This does NOT mean that I suggest buying them from Amazon. Please, support your independent booksellers.

Name:
Location: Lakewood, Washington, United States

Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Jurassic Park - Movie

This one really has become a classic. I know several people (myself included) that are almost ashamed to admit they like it, but it really is a good movie. I particularly like Ariana Richards who plays the little girl. She is so convincingly terrified in the movie, I often think she must have suffered from PTSD, only to remember that she's acting. I'm a little disappointed that she has been in very many movies, though maybe she'll get more as she gets older.

It's funny how you can come up with new ideas, even on the umpteenth time you've watched something. While they were talking about whether to shut down the system to try for a reboot, it occurred to me that they should have just shot the velociraptors at that point. They didn't know that they would be without power for more than a minute, but they also didn't know if it would work at all. Shooting the raptors would have made for a less exciting movie, but a lot more sense.

I was surprised that I couldn't find out on IMDB.com, but does anyone know what they used to make the various dinosaur noises?

I've read Jurassic Park by Michael Crichton, and as is typical, the book is even better. I've also read the sequels, and I have to say the the divergence in quality between the movies and the books only increases. If you haven't read Jurassic Park and The Lost World, you might give them a try, although my favorite of his is Timeline.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home