D'nah Reads-A-Lot

A collection of ramblings on books I've just read, and more rarely, movies I've watched. I sometimes link to titles in Amazon, for your convience. This does NOT mean that I suggest buying them from Amazon. Please, support your independent booksellers.

Name:
Location: Lakewood, Washington, United States

Friday, April 01, 2005

The Seer: Don't Die Dragonfly by Linda Joy Singleton

Well, I've been out of commission for a while, first with a stomach flu and then with a major project. But I finally managed to get some reading done while waiting for doctor's appointments.

This is the first book I've read by Singleton and it is listed as a young adult book. The series centers around an adolescent girl, Sabine Rose, with psychic talent. It was interesting to read, and other than the basic premise, pretty down to earth: no alien invasions, serial killers, long lost relatives or other contrived trouble. From the information given, and not given, I would not be surprised to find that Sabine originally appeared in another series, of which Singleton has written several.

The true test will be to see how the narrative holds up over several books and/or series. Often authors will find a formula that works once, and run with it over and over. So my final opinion is on hold until I read some more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home