D'nah Reads-A-Lot

A collection of ramblings on books I've just read, and more rarely, movies I've watched. I sometimes link to titles in Amazon, for your convience. This does NOT mean that I suggest buying them from Amazon. Please, support your independent booksellers.

Name:
Location: Lakewood, Washington, United States

Wednesday, March 16, 2005

Sixth Column - Robert Heinlein

I had a serious anxiety attack yesterday, so when I came home, I wanted something old and familiar.. obviously, it was time for "Bob." Actually, my first choice would have been Ender's Game or Ender's Shadow, but I must have sold those.

Robert Heinlein was the very first author that I read as an author. Before that, I just read books that looked interesting, I couldn't tell you the title, let alone the author, of most of them. But in the 9th grade, I accidentally read two books by Heinlein fairly close together. And thus began a long relationship.

Sixth Column was perfect for my mood. Simple, straightforward, clear right and wrong, and right triumphs. I like Heinlein's books, but often his stories about women rankle me.. I was definitely avoiding that last night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home