D'nah Reads-A-Lot

A collection of ramblings on books I've just read, and more rarely, movies I've watched. I sometimes link to titles in Amazon, for your convience. This does NOT mean that I suggest buying them from Amazon. Please, support your independent booksellers.

Name:
Location: Lakewood, Washington, United States

Sunday, June 29, 2008

Calculating God by Robert J. Sawyer

Life has just handed me a little gift.

Have you ever read a book, enjoyed it, and then forgotten it? You remember later, "Oh, there was that story..." but by that point you have no idea what it was called, or who wrote it, or even when you read it.

I've been reading Robert Sawyer's stuff lately, which has some interesting religious/spiritual view points. And I've been really enjoying it. So, I was looking forward to reading his much touted book, Calculating God.

So I pick up the book tonight. (Yes, I was starting a new book around midnight, I'm not a night owl for nothing.) And there it is. This book I read and forget, but just thought of within the last two weeks. I hadn't even got around to trying to look for it. I mean, how hard/how specific would it be to find a book that starts with aliens landing in Toronto and saying, "Take me to your paleontologist." ??

And here it is, a little gift dropped in me lap. Thank you, I'll go read my book now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home